The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar awards a total of 160 graduate grants in the coming eight years, starting from 2019/20. Graduate awards are open for Ethiopian applicants who intend to be a full-time student at the University of Gondar.
The Graduate Scholars Program is designed to help Scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national and local socioeconomic development trends.
A marvellous chance for graduate study in Ethiopia with funding offer.
User Review( vote)
The University of Gondar, until 2003 known as the Gondar College of Medical Sciences, is the oldest medical school in Ethiopia. Established as the Public Health College in 1954, it is located in Gondar, the former capital of Ethiopia.
University or Organization: University of Gondar
Course Level: Graduate Study
Award: Costs of tuition
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Ethiopian students
The program can be taken in Ethiopia
Application Deadline: June 10, 2019, or May 30, 2019
- These are open to Ethiopian students.
- Applicants with the first degree from a recognized University and academically talented, disadvantaged based on the criteria of disability, socioeconomic status, and are not engaged at work at all or have been engaged at work but couldn’t able to cover their study expenses will be eligible for the study.
- These are awarded in the field of Law, Sociology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, and Nursing.
- These are available for pursuing a graduate program.
- Specifically, to be eligible to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program’s graduate study, applicants must meet the below listed criteria:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to their proposed graduate program from recognized University using English as a medium of instruction in the past 5 years with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at graduation;
- Be a citizen and permanent resident of Ethiopia (and residents of Ethiopia for at least five years at the time of their application),
- Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education; and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
How to apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
The award is comprehensive and covers the costs of tuition, accommodation/boarding, stipend, and additional program-related expenses as well as support and training programs on academic, financial literacy and social issues with the aim of developing capable and transformative leaders at grassroots and global levels.