The Graduate School OLTECH at the University of Oldenburg is pleased to offer travel grants for doctoral candidates for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship is provided in the behalf of School of Mathematics and Science (V) and the School of Medicine and Health Sciences (VI). All doctoral candidates of these schools/faculties can apply for this grant.
Great opportunity for applicants in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg is a university in Oldenburg, Germany. It is one of the most prominent and well-regarded educational institutions in northern Germany, specializing in multidisciplinary and sustainable development studies, as well as renewable energy studies with a concentration on solar and wind energy.
Why to study at Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg ? This University is well-known for its research in renewable energy, medical technology, and social sciences. It provides a diverse range of undergraduate and graduate program in natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and education.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
- University or Organization: Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: 50 % of the expected travel cost
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Germany
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all countries all eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the following subjects offered by the university:
- Mathematics and Science
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants are eligible for admission if they have completed a Bachelor’s degree of at least 180 ECTS credits
- At least 90 credit points must have been obtained in the area of psychology and/or cognitive sciences
- If you already hold a relevant Master’s degree, the required credits may also originate from this degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Fill out the online application form. The trip activity application must be launched by the head of the research group with whom the applicant is affiliated.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Bachelor’s degree and transcript of records
- verification of the number of semesters completed
- completed particular eligibility form
- proof of English proficiency,
- if applicable:
- certifications relating to relevant internships or job experience relevant to the subject of the Bachelor’s thesis
- certifications of programming knowledge relevant to a stay abroad
- Awards demonstrating social responsibility and civic spirit
- Admission Requirements:Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- Must have at least 3 months of verifiable programming experience of at least 2 ECTS or relevant scientific activity.
- Must have a four-month stay abroad relevant to the study.
- Must be involved in at least 6 months of documented persistent volunteer social activity.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
- Must be very fluent in English language. (verbal as well as written)
- Must have English proficiency at level C1 or higher.
The travel grants will be 50% of the projected travel costs, which will be decreased by additional external financing. If there are more travel grant applications, the grants will be given based on an internal ranking for each academic member.