Graduate Student Internships at Democracy International (DI) provides unique opportunities for motivated students to learn from their innovative global work and international development expertise.
‘DI’ routinely host interns with diverse backgrounds who are passionate about democratic development, international politics, human rights, peacebuilding, and governance.
User Review( votes)
The internship is a paid program located in Bethesda, Maryland (metro accessible) and is 20-24 hours per week. DI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for the graduate program
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Democracy International (DI)
An internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Efficiency and attention to detail
- Coursework/demonstrated an interest in international affairs, area studies, comparative politics or international development
- Commitment to democracy and human rights
- Ability to work in a small office with other staff members on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Coursework in Statistics and/or Accounting desirable
- Foreign language skills and international experience a plus
Internship Open for International Students: Yes
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
DI provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners.
Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries.
The intern will provide programmatic and administrative support by performing the following duties:
- Researching about politics, governance, and elections in foreign countries
- Report writing and editing
- Preparing proposals and budgets
- Reconciling expenses
- Assisting with office administration
- Managing logistics for foreign travel
- Communicating with overseas consultants and staff members
- Attending lectures and other events
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: 20-24 hours per week.
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To participate, you will need to apply online.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States at the time of application.
- Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing.