Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to study for a 3-year funded doctorate whilst gaining valuable teaching experience in the United Kingdom. Apply for the Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) International PhD Studentships – Engineering Research offered at Edge Hill University for the academic year 2023-2024.
Undergraduate or master’s degree holders in a field relevant to engineering are especially eligible to apply for this studentship. The candidates must showcase a passion for pursuing original research and also have the desire to develop their teaching abilities to be eligible to be considered. UK and overseas students can both apply. The studentship valued is £26,000 – £34,000 per annum, including a stipend, tuition fee, and a few other expenses.
Nice offer for international students to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1882 in Liverpool, Edge Hill University is a campus-based public university. The university opened in 1885 as Edge Hill College and was the first non-denominational teacher-training college for women in England until 1959, when it admitted its first male students. The university is globally renowned and ranks 801st in the World University Rankings by Times Higher Education.
Why choose to study at Edge Hill University? Edge Hill University strongly believes that knowledge can create life-changing opportunities, and that is why it creates and harnesses knowledge to deliver opportunities for everyone. The university is making sure to deliver teaching of the highest standard, backed by research of true international standing, set in an intellectually stimulating, ideas-focused and inclusive environment.
Application Deadline: 9th January 2023 is the last day to apply for admission.
- University or Organization: Edge Hill University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £34,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: UK-based and international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The candidates can apply for a postgraduate research program offered at Edge Hill University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must possess strong written and oral communication skills along with excellent organizational skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Edge Hill University accepts applications via its online job application portal. All eligible candidates will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A ‘Research Proposal’ which should not exceed 2,000 words
- A full academic curriculum vitae
- Qualification certificates
- Scanned copy of your passport
- Letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a 2.1 or above undergraduate degree in a relevant subject. AMasters degree would be advantageous.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
The selected candidates will be awarded a studentship valued at £26,000 – £34,000, including the following by Edge Hill University:
- Overall payment of £17,668 per annum which is aligned with the UKRI rate (salary of £12,168 per annum and £5,500 per annum tax-free to contribute to the cost of accommodation)
- Full waiver of research degree tuition fees worth approximately £4,700 per annum for UK PGRs and £14,000 per annum for international PGRs
- Full waiver of the Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education tuition fee worth approximately £1,740
- Entitlement to sick pay, maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave in accordance with University policies and procedures.