To promote the UK as a great place to visit, study, and do business, the University of York has partnered with the GREAT Britain Campaign to offer GREAT Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
An excellent opportunity for overseas students to get a £10,000 in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1963, the University of York has expanded to more than thirty departments and centers, covering many subjects. It is a collegiate plate glass research university situated in the city of York, England. They work collaboratively in partnership with institutions worldwide to develop life-saving discoveries and new technologies that tackle some of the most pressing global challenges.
Why study at the University of York? At this university, the students will get a great study experience from excellent faculty. They will be a part of inspirational research and get full support in developing their personalities. York is one of the world’s premier institutions for inspirational and life-changing research. We attract renowned academics whose research brings vibrancy and cutting-edge ideas to the teaching you will receive at York.
Application Deadline: 15 May 2023. Applications for 2023/24 will open on Monday, 17 April 2023.
- University or Organization: The University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate taught
- Award: £10,000
- Number of Awards: 8
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, and Turkey citizen
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, and Turkey
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree in LLM Law, Art Law, International Corporate and Commercial Law, International Human Rights Law and Practice, Legal and Political Theory, MA Applied Human Rights
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Must be a China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, and Turkey citizen
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study a one-year postgraduate taught course at the University of York by 15 May 2023 (you don’t need to have accepted the offer). Students from Pakistan and Turkey are eligible to apply if they have the offer to study one of the below courses:
- LLM Law
- LLM Art Law
- LLM International Corporate and Commercial Law
- LLM International Human Rights Law and Practice
- LLM Legal and Political Theory
- MA Applied Human Rights
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 15 May 2023)
- have met any language conditions of your offer by 15 May 2023.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, students are advised to enroll in the postgraduate degree program at the University of York. You must apply for this scholarship online. As part of the application, you will need to provide answers to questions about your course of study and your goals for the future.
- Supporting Documents: Students must require Academic transcripts, a Research proposal or outline of academic interests, Two academic references, Samples of written work, a Personal statement, a CV, and Evidence of financial support.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a minimum UK equivalent 2:1 second-class honors degree.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you may be asked to provide evidence of your English language ability to the required level, in addition to any academic entry requirements.
All the selected candidates will receive £10,000 at the University of York to support their postgraduate study in the UK.