The Newcastle University and the British Council India are offering Scholarships for the postgraduate programme starting in September 2019 for one year of study. These scholarships are available to citizens of China.
This scholarship scheme will offer an exciting opportunity for East Asian students wishing to get financial support to pursue study on degree levels in the UK.
Newcastle University is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England.
- Applications Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the following courses:
- Art and design
- IT and more
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover 50% of tuition fees or a minimum of £10,000, whichever is higher
- Nationality: These scholarships are available to citizens of China.
- Number of Scholarships: There are five scholarship awards available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available to citizens of China.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be passport holders of China
- be assessed as international for fee purposes
- hold an offer for an eligible Master’s degree programme in one of the following subject areas:
- Accounting and Finance
- Architecture, Urban Studies and Planning
- Arts, Culture, Heritage and Museum Studies
- English Literature and Film
- Languages and Linguistics
- Law and Justice
- Business, Management and Marketing
- Agriculture and Food
- Computer Science, Data and IT
- Engineering, Energy, Transport, Logistics and Marine
- Biomedical, Biotechnology and Biosciences
- Cell and Molecular Biosciences
- Genetic Medicine
The University awards scholarships on the basis of academic merit and other information provided on the Scholarship application form. To be considered for awards applicants must have or expect to receive the equivalent of an upper second class UK honours degree or above.
The applicants chosen to receive the awards will be assessed according to evidence of academic ability, evidence of commitment to studies and quality of the application and may be contacted for additional information.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted using the online application form. Other applications will not be accepted.