Empower your practical skills with the help of a PhD Positionsin Linguistics. The University of Groningen is offering a position for deserving aspirants commencing in September 2021.
The studentship is available to students from all over the world who wish to pursue a PhD degree program for the academic session 2021/2022.
Grab this opportunity and get financial assistance in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The University of Groningen offers excellent educational opportunities. They have a diverse range of interesting, well-respected degree programmes that are well-ranked internationally. It is known around the world as a diverse and forward-thinking higher education institution.
Why study at the University of Groningen? Candidates receive authentic environmental learning opportunities from GU. They develop skills in transcribing and analysing language and understanding and critiquing theories and ideas. A degree in linguistics is useful for teaching abroad, publishing roles and roles in government administration.
Application Deadline: May 3, 2021
- University: University of Groningen
- Department: Graduate School for the Humanities
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Tuition-fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Linguistics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in linguistics (or related discipline) with an excellent academic record (GPA: min. 8/10; MA thesis: min. 8/10). A research master (or another two-year master programme is preferred).
- They should have proven research abilities and affinity with the research topic
- Students have an excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants need to take admission in a PhD degree at the University of Groningen. After being enrolled, applicants can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: You must upload a cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation to conduct scientific research, and locating your research within one of the research lines
- The signed approval of the intended promotor via this form: https://www.rug.nl/(…)ed-promotor-2021.pdf
- A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of the data page of your passport
- A certified copy or scan of your MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record, including a list of grades
- A research proposal, focusing on the central research question to be addressed and the proposed method of approaching and answering this question (no more than (!) 1000 words, tables and references excluded, and a project title), according to the format of the proposal that you find in the CLCG application format mentioned above
- Names and contact details of two academic references.
- Admission Requirements: Before submitting your application form, you need to check any entry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Language Requirement: Students must have any certificate of English language proficiency.
The University of Groningen provides tuition fees for the PhD studies to successful candidates.