The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is inviting applications for GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders to pursue the MSc program for the academic year 2019. Applicants from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for this application .
London School’s mission is to be a world-leading school of public and global health, working closely with partners in the UK and worldwide to address contemporary and future critical health challenges.
Golden opportunity for students
User Review( votes)
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading center for research and postgraduate education in public and global health.
- Applications Deadline: February 13, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue the MSc program at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study MSc programs offered by the university.
- Award: Each support will cover
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP16, 750.00.
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African students.
- Number of Awards: Three opportunities are available.
- The award can be taken in the UK
Eligible Countries: Applicants from Sub-Saharan Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for these endowments.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for these endowments, applicants must
- Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- Confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed program of study; and
- Meet the School’s minimum English language requirements; and
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- Hold an offer of admission for 2018-19 for one of the School’s 18 London-based MSc programs of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
English Language Requirements: It is essential that all students should have an adequate command of the English language to benefit from studies at the School. Once you have submitted your application the Admissions Team will check your English language ability. For further details please read the English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: Applicants should complete both steps below by the program deadline.
Step 1: Submit an application for 2018-19 for a London-based MSc program of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via the School’s Admissions Portal by the program deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online application, selecting this application option from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this application must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).