The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) is an international photography award established in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, in order to encourage and spread the culture of photography across the world.
What is new in this Season?
User Review( votes)
- The Grand Prize (USD $120,000) will be chosen from any category available this season, and not only from the main theme.
- ‘The Moment’ will be the main theme of the Seventh Season of competition.
- The deadline for submissions will be on the 31st of October 2017 at 11:59 pm (UAE local time)
- Other categories in the Seventh Season are: General, Time-lapse (Video) and Portfolio.
- There are now THREE Special Awards for the Seventh Season and they are; ‘The Photography Appreciation Award’, ‘The Photography Content Creator Award’ and the ‘Emerging Person/Organisation in Photography Award’.
- Participants are allowed to submit a black and white photograph in all categories except for the ‘General Colour sub-category’.
- Submitted photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size. The minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi.
- There are various technical specifications related to the ‘Time-lapse’ category that must be met for submissions to be accepted. For all technical specifications for submissions and specific rules for this category
- Participants are requested to submit the RAW/original camera files at the time of uploading their photographs.
- Finalists in the ‘Time-lapse’ category will be required to provide sample photographs/video material to prove the authenticity of their submissions.
- Some form of editing and digital manipulation in submissions is permitted but this must be kept to a minimum and not affect the authenticity of the photograph.
- In the Portfolio category, participants are required to submit 5-10 photographs of the same subject.
Who can participate in the competition?
We encourage all individuals over the age of 18 from all over the world to participate.
Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) [the Photo(s)] to HIPA’s 7th season’s Competition ‘The Moment’ (the Competition). By participating in the Competition, you (You/ Your/ the Participant) understand, acknowledge and fully, irrevocably and unconditionally agree to abide and be bound by the following rules:
- The competition is open for online submissions only (the Submissions), through the competition online registration page available on the website.
- Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on August 1, 2017, until 24:00 on October 31, 2017, UAE. No Submissions made after the deadline will be accepted.
- Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years and over at the time of their submission(s).
- You hereby certify that you are eighteen (18) years old or older at the date of submitting your photo(s) to the competition. You further understand and agree that HIPA will automatically and without further notice discard any photo(s) that are found to be submitted by a participant that is below eighteen (18) years old at the time of its submission.