The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) is an international photography award established in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, in order to encourage and spread the culture of photography across the world.
What is new in this Season?
Best competition for candidates
User Review( votes)
- Water will be the main theme of this season.
- The Grand Prize (USD $120,000) will be chosen from any category this season.
- There are THREE Special Awards for the Ninth Season – ‘The Photography Appreciation Award’, ‘The Photography Content Creator Award’ and the ‘Emerging Person/Organization in Photography Award’.
- Other categories are: General, Portfolio and Mobile photography
- The General category will have two subcategories ‘Colour’ and ‘Black and White’.
- Participants are allowed to submit a Black and White photograph in all categories except the ‘General – Color’ subcategory.
- Submitted photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi except the Mobile category where the photo must be no less than 2 MB and to be suitable for publication.
- Participants are requested to submit the RAW/original camera files at the same time of submitting their photographs.
- In the Portfolio category, participants are required to submit 5-10 photographs of the same subject matter as part of their submission.
You hereby certify that you are eighteen (18) years old or older at the date of submitting your Photo(s) to the Competition. You further understand and agree that HIPA will automatically and without further notice discard any Photo(s) that are found to be submitted by a participant that is below eighteen (18) years old at the time of the Submission.
How to Apply
- The Competition is open for online submissions only (the Submissions), through the Competition online registration page available on www.hipa.ae.
- Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on 1st August 2019 until 24:00 on 31st October 2019, UAE local time
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019