The Victorian Government is awarding Hamer scholarships to Australian citizens or permanent residents of Victoria. These opportunities are offered to undertake intensive language study at nominated universities or institutions in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea.
The Victorian Government Hamer Scholarships Program is a language and cultural immersion program designed to build the Asia-engagement capabilities of Victorians and to help strengthen cultural awareness and partnerships between Victoria and Asia.
User Review( votes)
The bursaries are primarily aimed at Victorians working in the public, private, not-for-profit and creative and academic industries.
- Application Deadline: 11.59pm on 17 March 2019.
- Course Level: Scholarships for Victorians to undertake intensive language study at nominated universities or institutions in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to undertake intensive language study (Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese and Korean).
- Award: The Hamer Scholarships program provides $10,000 each for China or Indonesia, or $15,000 each for Japan or Korea.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Australian citizens or permanent residents and residents of Victoria
- The award can be taken in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea.
- Eligible Countries: Australian citizens or permanent residents and residents of Victoria can apply for these Hamer scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for consideration for the opportunity
candidates must be:
- Aged 21 or above during the time of submitting the application
- Australian citizens or permanent residents (residents of Victoria only)
- Willing to study a language at nominated institution, for at least five months
- Not in receipt of any other language study grant, funding or scholarship
- Preference will be given to those already in the workforce.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.