Would you like to turn your dream of studying in the United States or Canada into a reality? Hillel International is offering the Handeli First-Year Student Scholarships opportunities to Jewish students for the 2023-24 academic year.
The annual merit-based award program is open to current high school seniors or gap-year students preparing to pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
Great offer for Jewish students to study in Canada or the USA.
User Review( votes)
Hillel International is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1923. It is the world’s largest and most inclusive Jewish campus organization, serving 140,000 college students annually.
Application Deadline: 1 March 2023, at 11:59 pm EDT.
- University or Organization: Hillel International Organization
- Department: NA
- Course Level: bachelor’s degree
- Award: $3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the U.S. and Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all nationalities self-identify as Jewish.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a four-year bachelor’s degree program in any subject.
- Admissible Criteria: In order to be considered for a Hillel International scholarship, applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must identify as Jewish.
- Applicants with at least one Jewish grandparent or who have formally converted to Judaism will be considered.
- Applicants must be current high school seniors or students on a gap year program eligible to apply for the Handeli First-Year Student Scholarship.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors preparing to seek a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- Applicants must demonstrate a record of leadership and/or volunteer service in any aspect of their local community and must also self-identify as Jewish.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://hillel.tfaforms.net/322?utm_source=Handeli+Description+Button&utm_medium=Website&utm_campaign=Hillel%2BInternational%2BScholarships
- Supporting Documents: References: Provide the names and at least one form of contact information of two references who can speak to your leadership, hard work, and dedication both in the classroom and the community. Note: references do not need to submit a letter of recommendation. References will only be contacted if the applicant is selected as a finalist.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must be students in good standing with their current academic institution and must have a GPA of 2.5 or above or 3.5 (weighted out of 5.0) when the application is submitted to be eligible.
- Language Requirement: Depending on applicants’ educational background and country of origin, they may need to demonstrate English proficiency to study in the US and Canada.
The Handeli First-Year Student Scholarship is awarded $3,000 award annually. Renewable for up to three additional school years in addition to the first year.