HDFC Bank is offering Educational Crisis Scholarship Support‡ (ECSS) programme. The grant is open to Indian students.
Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) aims to cover students from recognized Private or Government aided schools between standards 6 and 12 and students studying in undergraduate and post-graduate courses (full-time/part-time degree/diploma/ courses) who due to personal/family crises are unable to continue bearing the cost of education and are at risk of dropping out of school/college/university.
User Review( vote)
HDFC Bank believes that the benefits of economic growth need to flow to all sections of society. Although not a panacea, education would be one of the main interventions that would lead to the overall economic and social development of the society. With the aim of empowering individuals who are economically and socially disadvantaged, the bank has initiated various projects in the field of education and livelihood training.
Course Level: ECSS aims to cover students from recognized Private or Government aided schools between standards 6 and 12 and students studying in undergraduate and postgraduate courses (full-time/part-time degree/diploma/ courses).
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study all the subjects.
Award: The Scholarship will cover the total annual School Fee up to a maximum of Rs.10, 000/- and College/University Fee up to a maximum of Rs.25, 000/- of the selected candidates.
The award can be taken in Any HDFC Bank branch
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Schools students from Government aided or Private school in classes 6 to 12
- College students pursuing Undergraduate/Postgraduate Fulltime/Part-time Degree/ Diploma courses in colleges or universities recognized under UGC/AICTE/State/Central Government rules and guidelines
- Students undergoing a crisis situation.
Nationality: Indian students can apply for this application .
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Schools students from Government aided or Private school in classes 6 to 12 are eligible.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
The application can be submitted either online or as a physical copy.
The following documents need to be attached to the Application form:
- Annexure I (A) – Income proof from the employer duly signed and stamped by the concerned authority along with the salary slip (if any) OR
- Annexure I (B) –Self declaration of family income (for self-employed)
- Annexure II – Verification form duly signed and stamped by School Principal/ College Dean/Director printed on the institute letterhead. The annexure should also have the name of the bank account of the institute, in favour of which, the DD/cheque will be issued.
- Other Documents – Attested copies of last year‡s mark sheet, two copies of address proof, doctor’s note (in the case of illness), 10th/ 12th mark sheet and salary slip (if any).
Application Deadline: The application window will be open until 15th July 2016.