Macquarie University is pleased to be offering the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan program. The grant is available for international students to undertake a direct entry 3-year Ph.D. program.
this application support is available for high-quality candidates. Financial support is co-funded by Macquarie University and HEC.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1964, Macquarie University began as a bold experiment in higher education. It is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world and within the top 10 in Australia.
- Applications Deadline: 30 Apr 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to any Ph.D. Coursework students.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in any discipline offered by the university.
- Award: the program covers:
- A scholarship to cover International student tuition fees at Macquarie University for up to 4 years.
- A stipend of $27,596 per annum, tax-free, paid pro-rata (current 2019 rate, subject to change).
- Single rate Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the program (packaged with stipend).
- A return international airfare.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Awards: Not Known.
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: International students are invited to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To apply for these endowments, you must:
- this application is available to eligible candidates to undertake a direct entry 3-year PhD program.
- Applicants must be made offers for commencement and scholarship as PhD candidates at the university.
- Applicants purpose of providing high-quality research training to qualified PhD students from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan at Macquarie University.
- Applicants should first apply to HEC Pakistan and, if successful, candidates will be given scholarship support letters by HEC, and will be invited to apply to HEC partner universities.
- Applicants then apply to Macquarie University. New applicants will need to apply to Macquarie University for admission and scholarship.
- New applicants apply by completing the Online HDR Candidature and application via the Online Application System. Within the application please answer the question as follows:
- Scholarship Details – Select the program that you would like to be considered for at Macquarie University, select ‘Co-funded Scholarship’
- Funding Arrangements – How will you fund your living and study expenses? indicate HEC Pakistan and quote the shortlisting batch number. Please also upload the shortlisting letter provided by HEC Pakistan to your application in this section.
- To be considered for the opportunity applicants will need to arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office.
- Applications will be assessed at Macquarie University. If you are successful, Macquarie University will provide a provisional offer letter which the applicant can supply to HEC Pakistan.
- Once The grant is confirmed by HEC Pakistan, the candidate will need to complete the necessary acceptance process for Macquarie University to arrange the OSHC and issue an eCoE so the candidate can apply for an Australian Student Visa.
How to Apply: Applicants must then submit a separate application form through the given link: https://www.mq.edu.au/?a=519657