The Hector Fellow Academy is pleased to offer the Research Career Development Awards for talented young scientists from all over the world.
This education award aims to provide financial support for those candidates who are going to apply for the research programme in Germany for the session 2022/2023.
Get an award amount of € 25,000 to pursue a PhD study in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Hector Fellow Academy (HFA) is a young science academy offering a platform for interdisciplinary cooperation to outstanding researchers. It provides a platform for networking, interdisciplinary exchange and mutual inspiration to the laureates of the Hector Science Award.
Why should apply for this HFA? Here you can find a wide selection of funding programmes by various funding organizations for international academics and researchers.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2021
- Organisation: Hector Fellow Academy (HFA)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: € 25,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research program on Career Development
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- W1 assistant professor (with or without Tenure Track) or junior research group leader in the natural or engineering sciences, medicine or psychology
- Doctorate or PhD-equivalent with outstanding results & completion less than 7 years ago
- Employment at a German university or research institution supporting the application
- Content-related or formal authorization to supervise doctoral researchers
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, applicants are required to take part in a research degree program. After that, they can complete an application for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Students need to submit documents can be in German or English.
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Application form
- Project proposal for a doctoral thesis that shall be pursued by a doctoral
- Researcher in the three years of funding by the HFA(max. 3 pages). The doctoral project must not have started yet.
- Timeline and work schedule for the proposed project for the doctoral thesis (1 page)
- CV (max five pages, including teaching experience and experience in supervision of students and doctoral researchers)
- List of key publications (max. 10)
- Doctoral certificate not older than seven years (translated into English or German)
- Documentation if exemption from the seven years post-doctorate regulation is applied for (e.g., birth certificates of children, proof of parental leave)
- Letter of support by the head of the institute
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must have a master’s degree for the award.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The award includes one-time €25,000 flexible personal research funds as well as €9,500 as research funding per year, funding of one doctoral position and a five-year membership in the Hector Fellow Academy.