The Heinrich Boll Foundation is now accepting applications for programmes for German and International students in 2020 academic year. The scholarship department of the Heinrich Boll Foundation grants scholarships to undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students from inside and outside Germany.
Heinrich Boll Foundation promote those students who are studying and graduating and who have a positive attitude towards the goals of the Green project, share the fundamental ideals of the Heinrich Boll Foundation – democracy, ecology, solidarity and non-violence – and who take an active socio-political role.
Valuable offer for international students to get higher education in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Heinrich Boll Foundation works independently and nurtures a spirit of intellectual openness. Heinrich Boll Foundation maintains a world wide network with currently 30 international offices. Heinrich Boll Foundation cooperate closely with 16 state-level Boll Foundations in each of Germany’s federal states, and they support talented, socio-politically engaged undergraduate and graduate students in Germany and abroad.
The scholarship department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to undergraduates, graduates and doctoral students from inside and outside Germany. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1 March.
- Course Level: The scholarship department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students from inside and outside Germany.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in all subjects offered at universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts in Germany.
- Award: The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students.
- Number of Awards: 1000 opportunities are available.
- Nationality: Students of all nationalities
- The award can be taken in Germany (German students can pursue their higher studies in Germany or an EU country).
- Eligible Countries: Students of all nationalities can apply for these Heinrich Boll foundation grants.
- Entrance Requirements:
Applicants for an undergraduate or graduate scholarship:1). General student scholarships for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen (1)): Students in all subjects who are pursuing the First degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) and who earned their university entrance qualification (2) in Germany:
- Applicants may apply before beginning their first degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”. Masters students cannot apply, because we aim to support students over the longer term. However, Bachelors students who have been awarded support may receive further support for a Masters course.
- Special (but not exclusive) target groups are: first-generation students, women, members of ethnic minorities, applicants from universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen).
- programme also focuses (but not exclusively) on certain subjects: especially the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), particularly with a focus on environmental science (e.g. environmental protection, renewable energies, climate, etc.); economic and legal studies; journalism; and art studies.
- Germans and Bildungsinländer/innen (1) may receive funding for a complete Bachelors programme outside Germany but within the EU. In this case, the application must include a detailed justification of the proposed location and subject.2) Student Scholarship – journalism: “Medienvielfalt, Aanders: Junge Migrantinnen und Migranten in den Journalismus” (for German nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen):
- This programme is aimed at German or German-educated students with a migration background who wish to become journalists. Funding is not limited to students following journalism studies programmes.
- Applicants may apply before beginning your study programme or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”. The conditions outlined in A.1. apply
Applicants for a doctoral scholarship: Please note that an application for the autumn application process is possible if you are a German or German-educated doctoral student.
- Doctoral students in all subjects who earned their university entrance qualification in Germany (Germans nationals and Bildungsinländer/inner (1)):
- At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany or another EU country.
- Preference will be given to dissertation projects related to the working areas of the Heinrich Böll Foundation2) Doctoral scholarships: Focus programme “Transformation Research”
- Doctoral students from Germany who would like to apply for the focus programme “Transformation Research”
- Formal requirements are given above.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to apply: Required documents are:
- A complete set of application documents needs to be uploaded to the web portal as PDF versions of the following documents.
- Application form for a scholarship
- Copy of degree certificate, University entrance qualification or equivalent
- A list of study certificates to date if you have already commenced your studies
- For foreign applicants for a scholarship to study for a master’s degree: Certified copy of their first-degree certificate
- Student enrolment certificate if they already have one
- For foreign applicants: Written proof of German language proficiency
- For applicants for the programme: Work samples
- A third-party reference on your social commitment
- An expert reference from a university or college lecturer, or for school leavers from a schoolteacher