DAAD is offering the DAAD Joint German-Arab Master’s Scholarships Program in Germany. The Joint Master in Heritage Conservation and Site Management is offered at BTU Cottbus / Helwan University and joint M.A. Program in Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society(CMEPS) is offered at Eberhard Karls-University Tübingen / American University in Cairo (AUC).
The student must have a bachelor’s degree in the area of Political Science, Social Sciences and Middle East Studies. English proficiency is required for students of the Arab region. The studentships are offered for 2 years, starting winter semester 2013/2014.
Wonderful offer for students.
User Review( votes)
Within the framework of the Transformation Partnership, the DAAD promotes the development and implementation of two German-Egyptian Master degree programs in Heritage Conservation and Site Management and Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society.
- Study Subject(s): These opportunities are provided to study master program in Heritage Conservation and Site Management and Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society.
- Course Level: These opportunities are for pursuing master’s degree level at BTU Cottbus / Helwan University and Eberhard Karls-University Tübingen / American University in Cairo (AUC).
- Scholarship Provider: DAAD
- The award can be taken at Germany and Egypt
- TOEFL minimum of 90 points (ITB) or another comparable test
- Bachelor degree in a relevant study field
- The university’s degree (Bachelor‘s degree) should not be older than 6 years.
- Completion of the Bachelor’s degree with an above-average result (upper third performance level).
- Fulfillment of all eligibility criteria of the University of Tübingen and the AUC.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Applications are open to participants from the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): The studentships are offered for 2 years, starting winter semester 2013/2014
What does it cover? For a master program in Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society: The DAAD awards a monthly scholarship of € 400 (semesters in Egypt) and € 750 (3rd semester in Germany = winter semester 2014/15). For a master program in Heritage Conservation and Site Management: The DAAD awards a monthly scholarship of € 400 (1st, 3rd and 4th semester in Egypt) and €750 (for the 2nd semester in Germany = summer semester 2014). The scholarship also includes health insurance and insurance for accident and personal liability for the semester spent in Germany; additionally, health insurance will be provided for the semesters in Egypt. Furthermore, the DAAD pays a subsidy towards the travel expenses. Please note that no other subsidy will be paid (e.g. family subsidies).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Send your electronic application to internationaladmission-at-tu-cottbus.de for applying to BTU Cottbus / Helwan University and cmeps-at-aucegypt.edu for applying the Eberhard Karls-University Tübingen / American University in Cairo (AUC). Documents needed for application are as follows:
Hand-signed DAAD application form “Application for Research Grants and Study Scholarships”
Please select other Programmes!
- A hand-signed CV (please use the Europass specimen form)
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) with a precise description of the academic/professional and personal reasons for wishing to participate in this programme.
- Two recommendation letters from your university; please use this form. Additionally, a recommendation letter of a former employee can be submitted as well.
- Proof of language abilities in English (e.g. TOEFL 80 points or comparable) and if applicable German or Arabic.
- Certified copies of awarded academic degrees; school leaving certificate, transcripts
- Certified of admission for the study programme (can be submitted up until the start of the program)
- Explanation of the grading system
- Copy of the passport.
application Deadline: Closed