Do you want to apply for the latest scholarship in Kenya? If yes, then the Higher Education Loans Board is proudly offering the HELB Postgraduate funding for Kenyans.
This Award is open to Kenyans pursuing postgraduate programs (Masters or Doctoral) in local Public or Private Universities recognized by the Commission for University Education.
Valuable opportunity scholarships for Kenyan students.
User Review( votes)
Higher Education Loans Board is a state agency under the Ministry of Education. Its student portal gives you instant access to a wealth of resources at HELB.
University or Organization: Higher Education Loans Board Agency
Course Level: Masters or Doctoral Program
Award: 200,000 to 450,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Kenya Citizen
The award can be taken in Kenya
Eligible Countries: Kenya Citizens are particularly welcome.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded to study the Postgraduate program in any subjects offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this application you must:
- Applicants must have a minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
- Candidates are reporting for 1st year of study
- Must have a letter of admission into a full or part-time program
- Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and programs which will directly contribute to the “Big Four Agenda”
- If HELB loan beneficiary, the applicant MUST be repaying his/her loan or has cleared the same.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity, The HELB Postgraduate Scholarship application form is accessible from the Student Portal upon registration.
- Supporting Documents: For gaining this education award, the applicant must have to submit one copy of the form at HELB Student Service Centre, Anniversary Towers and select Huduma Centres. Applicants should retain one copy of the duly filled form for their records.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a good command of the English language for the opportunity .
Benefits: The value of the Award is Kshs.200,000 and Kshs.450,000 for Masters and PhD programs respectively, tenable for 2 years in respect of the Master’s Programme and 3 years for the PhD.
Application Deadline: The application runs from May-July every year.