Applications are invited for Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship which is awarded to talented female creative students for the year 2017. Students from around the world are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Each year, the HLR Scholarship seeks to award five female creative students scholarships up to $10,000.
Walter Thompson Company, the world’s best-known marketing communications brand, has been creating pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and businesses for more than 150 years. Headquartered in New York City, J. Walter Thompson is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 12,000 communications and advertising professionals. The agency consistently ranks among the top networks in the world and continues a dominant presence in the industry.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to talented female creative advertising students.
Scholarship Award: Each year, the HLR Scholarship seeks to award five female creative students scholarships up to $10,000. In addition, each recipient will receive a paid summer internship at a J. Walter Thompson office in her respective region, an offer of a J. Walter Thompson mentor and “first look” placement consideration upon graduation.
Number of Scholarships: Five scholarships will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be female
- Be registered as a student at a participating undergraduate and/or portfolio school and be no less than 12 months from completion of their degree at May 14, 2017
- Show creative talent and promise
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by their school
Nationality: Students from around the world are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must be registered as a student at a participating undergraduate and/or portfolio school and be no less than 12 months from completion of their degree at May 14, 2017
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application Checklist
- Application form
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- 3-5 maximum creative samples (less than 7 MB) showcasing your best work
- Ensure that all required creative samples are uploaded or made accessible via a link (Google Drive, Dropbox, portfolio website, etc.) and include this link in your submission.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 14, 2017.