The University of Cambridge is inviting applications for Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 3 years. Fellowships are available for International students.
The University of Cambridge is one of the world’s oldest universities and leading academic centres. It is made up of over 150 departments, faculties, schools and other institutions.
User Review( votes)
Cambridge also has 31 colleges which are independent institutions, each with its own property and income. The Colleges appoint their own staff on their own terms and conditions and are responsible for selecting students, in accordance with University regulations. The teaching of students is shared between the Colleges and University departments. Degrees are awarded by the University.
- Applications Deadline: December 19, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the broad fields of either astronomy, physics, applied mathematics or theoretical physics.
- Scholarship Award: The Fellowship stipend will be on the University’s Postdoctoral Research Associate scale with an annual research allowance of up to £15,000.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not known
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
In accordance with Dr Smith’s will, candidature is limited to candidates who have obtained their PhD degree, or equivalent, within the last three years at any university but normally excluding Cambridge and Harvard. Fellowships can only be offered to those with less than three years of postdoctoral experience by the time the award is taken up.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below. This will route you to the University’s Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
All applications, including required documents and references will need to be submitted online through the University’s recruitment system. Any submitted application that does not include all of the required content (Full detail provided in the further particulars) will not be considered for the Fellowship. It is important to note that candidates must obtain a support letter from the host department prior to submission.