The Higher Education Authority is offering Employment-Based Postgraduate Scholarship Programme. Scholarships are available for suitably qualified individuals to take up an employment-based award to carry out research leading to a postgraduate qualification in any discipline, granted by an eligible HEI within Ireland.
The mission of the Irish Research Council is to enable and sustain a vibrant research community in Ireland by supporting excellent researchers in all disciplines from arts to zoology.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Deadline: 16:00 (Irish Time) Thursday 7 February 2019
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The total value of the Employment Based Programme Scholarship, will be up to a maximum of €24,000 in any approved year for the duration of the Scholarship and will consist of the following:
- A contribution of €16,000 to the employment of the Scholar.
- A contribution of up to a maximum of €5,750 to Scholarship fees (including non-EU Scholarship fees). In the event of any differential between this contribution and the institutional fee, this must be paid by the Scholar and/or HEI and/or Employment Partner. Scholars who hold a fee waiver from their HEI, or where no fee is required, or where fees are paid in full or in part by a third party, must inform the Council and the appropriate offices in their HEI and will not be eligible for the fee portion of the Scholarship.
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum to enable the scholar to carry out the research project. Please see Appendix III for guidance on what is considered an eligible direct research cost.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Scholars must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must not have applied more than once to the Scheme and at the time of application:
- Be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council
- Funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department/school by, at the latest, 1 st October 2018; or
- Fulfill the criteria in Clause 4.5 if already registered and part of the degree has been completed. and in the case of
- Research Masters Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Degree Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a Research Masters Degree.
Scholars from any country may hold a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
However, Scholars must:
- Maintain her/his principal residence in Ireland (as defined) during the period of the Scholarship.
- Satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their HEI and Employment Partner with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU). This must be completed in advance of signing a contract with the IRC.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Applications (including an academic supervisor, employment mentor, and referee forms) will only be accepted through the online application system.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.