The Helmholtz Institute for RNA-based Infection Research is calling applications for Ph.D. Positions and Postdoctoral Fellowships to strengthen RNA-based research activities in the areas of bacterial and viral pathogens and the infections they cause. This is available for students of all nationalities.
These are available to pursue Ph.D. and Postdoctoral programs. This new graduate training program “RNA & Infection” is dedicated to inspiring and training the next generation of scientists to undertake cutting-edge research at the interface of ribonucleic acid (RNA) and infection biology.
Admirable chance to apply for Postdoctoral Fellowships.
User Review( votes)
The Helmholtz is the first research institution worldwide to exclusively address the role of ribonucleic acids in infection processes. Based on these findings, the HIRI will pioneer an integrative approach to exploit the vast potential of RNAs as a diagnostic molecule, target, and drug for new strategies to combat infectious diseases.
HIRI is the first research institution worldwide bridging the fields of RNA biology and infectious disease.
Applications Deadline: Closed
- This is available for candidates of all nationalities.
- An above average Master’s degree for PhD holders or PhD for postdoctoral fellows) in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related life science
- Solid background knowledge in microbiology, virology, cell biology, pathogen-host-interaction, RNA biology, single cell analysis, bioinformatics, and biochemistry
- Good English communication and presentation skills (written and spoken)
- Intercultural communication skills
- A strong desire to do research with high self-motivation and enthusiasm
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications should be directed to info-at-helmholtz-hiri.de. Only complete applications will be online processed.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, holders must be ready to submit the cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of publications, statement of current and future research, contact information for three academic references.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have good English communication and presentation skills in written and spoken.
The salary of our Ph.D. award is comparable to international standards and includes broad health-care benefits and pension.