The Dunlap Institute at the University of Toronto is calling applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships in Astronomy and Astrophysics starting. This fellowship is available for students of all nationalities. The Dunlap Institute is committed to an inclusive and flexible workplace.
Dunlap Fellows are expected to conduct a program of original research either independently or in collaboration with others at the University and will be offered professional development and mentoring across a range of areas relevant to a scientific career.
User Review( vote)
- Applications Deadline: November 13, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the fields of Astronomy and Astrophysics.
- Scholarship Award: Dunlap Fellowships include an annual salary of CAD $71,107 plus generous benefits, a research allowance of CAD $18,000 per year, relocation assistance, and the opportunity to request additional research funds from the Dunlap Institute.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The approximate expected starting date is September 1, 2020. Applicants must have earned a PhD in astronomy, astrophysics, or a related field at the time of appointment. Only applicants with a PhD awarded on or after January 1, 2015, will be considered, except in the case of career interruption or other extenuating circumstances.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: All application materials must be submitted online at AcademicJobsOnline, by November 13, 2019. In service of our goals of an unbiased and equitable hiring process, an initial evaluation of applicants will be made via a 300-word anonymized summary of the applicant’s proposed research program, which should be submitted via the online form. Applicants should also submit (in PDF format) a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a publication list, and a 3-page detailed description of their proposed research program. This 3-page document should include a short statement on how the applicant will benefit from being hosted by the Dunlap Institute, and on how the Dunlap Institute will benefit from hosting the applicant. Applicants should also arrange to have three letters of reference (on letterhead and signed) uploaded through AcademicJobsOnline directly by the writers by November 13, 2019.