Applications are invited for HIV Research Trust Scholarships to undertake a placement or course of a few months’ duration at an institution identified by the applicant and his/her supervisor.
These opportunities are available to physicians, nurses, scientists and other health care professionals in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection.
Excellent funding opportunity for applicants from low-income and lower-middle-income countries.
User Review( votes)
The HIV Research Trust aims to support a broad mix of disciplines. The bursaries are for physicians, nurses, scientists, and other health care professionals in resource-limited settings.
HIV Research Trust is a charitable foundation that provides financial support for researchers in resource-poor countries working in the field of HIV infection.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
- Course Level: The studentships are available to undertake a placement or course of a few months’ duration at an institution identified by the applicant and his/her supervisor.
- Study Subject: The trust aims to support a broad mix of disciplines. All aspects of research related to HIV infection and its consequences are eligible including clinical care, basic and applied biology, epidemiology, psychological ethical, economic, educational and societal aspects.
- Award: The maximum sum awarded is £8,000 or equivalent value. We expect the budget request to be clearly justified by the programme being presented. If the financial breakdown includes laboratory costs these must not exceed 40% of the total value of your application.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Applicants from low-income and lower-middle-income countries
- The award can be taken at Abroad
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from low-income and lower-middle-income countries can apply for these HIV Research Trust scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: The bursaries are provided to physicians, nurses, scientists and other health care professionals, in particular those who are in the early to mid-stage of their career (for example, undertaking a PhD; a first or second post doc position; or other professionals in an early phase of their research career), working in resource-poor settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries. The grants enable the individual to travel to other centres to acquire skills necessary to conduct their research more effectively when they return to their home institution.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online. In order to submit an application for an HIVRT scholarship they must complete the following four steps
Step 1: Applicant Information
Step 2: Proposed Placement Information and Document Uploads
Step 3: Referee Information
Step 4: Summary and Submission Conditions