The University of Birmingham is offering Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarships for the year 2019. These scholarships open for Hong Kong citizens.
Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterised by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives. We continue this tradition today and have ambitions for a future that will embed our work and recognition of the Birmingham name on the international stage.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of an Adequate Knowledge of written and spoken English.?
- Applications Deadline: March 29, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate Master Degree programe.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any subject area.
- Scholarship Award: This award covers the tuition fees for a 1 year taught Masters course in any subject area. The scholarship is a tuition fee award, worth up to the cost of a laboratory-based course which is paid directly to the University of Birmingham.
- Nationality: This Scholarship is open for Hong Kong Students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This Scholarship is open for Hong Kong Students.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates for the scholarships should normally fulfil the following requirements:?
- Hold a Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or British National Overseas passport and have resided in Hong Kong for the seven years preceding 1 October 2019
- Beholders of a degree (or expect to gain a degree before September 2019) from an institution of tertiary education in Hong Kong
- Have applied by 29 March 2019 for admission to the University of Birmingham through normal admissions procedures?
- Be eligible for admission to their intended course of study (note: the scholarship award will only be confirmed when the candidate has been offered a place at the University)
- Be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of adequate knowledge of written and spoken English
- Should not have previously studied in the United Kingdom on a credit-bearing programme leading to a degree awarded by a UK institution
- Should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham (including living costs) from other sources
How to Apply: Two copies of the completed application form and all supporting documents are to be returned to the Student Finance Office by 29 March 2019.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of an Adequate Knowledge of written and spoken English.
Relevant documents including Flyer, Application Form and Reference Request Form can be downloaded from the SFO’s website or obtained from the SFO (Address: Room 1217, 12/F., Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon). Two copies of the completed application form and all supporting documents are to be returned to the SFO by 29 March 2019.