Applications are invited for Honjo international scholarships available for foreign students to attend a graduate school at a Japanese university April 1, 2018. Up to 15 to 20 scholarships will be awarded.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation has been established to provide scholarships to bright students who are struggling to study under different conditions in developing nations as well as to those Japanese students studying abroad, to help them learn advanced technologies and improve their good intentions will serve as a bridge connecting Japan with the rest of the world in culture and mutual friendships.
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation was approved by the Minister of Education as an incorporated scholarship foundation on December 25, 1996.
To be eligible, students enrolled in a Ph.D. Program must have been born on March 31, 1983. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born on March 31, 1988.
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate program (Master and Ph.D.) at a Japanese university.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any courses available at a Japanese university.
- Scholarship Award: The period of the scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
(1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
- Number of Scholarships: 15 to 20 scholarships are available.
- Nationality: International students (except Japan)
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students (except Japan) can apply for these Honjo international scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: (To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the requirement criteria below.)
1. The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
2. The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2019.
3. In principle, students enrolled in a professional graduate school are not applicable, however, those who can submit a research plan can apply for this scholarship program.
4. To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1983. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1988.
5. The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
6. The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
7. The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
- 1. Prepare all the documents listed below.
2. Visit the website below and fill a form and get your application number. The application form is available later than September 15, 2018.
3. Write down the application number on the application form.
4. Print out a mailing label in the last page of application forms, write your application number on it and put it in an envelope for A4 paper to send it to the Administration Office by a postal mail.