The Horatio Alger Association Scholarship is open to United States citizens who are high school seniors or undergraduate students. The award amount is $55,000, and the number of awards given is several. All subjects are eligible for this scholarship, and eligibility extends to students in their last year of high school or enrolled in an undergraduate program.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2023.
User Review( votes)
- Organization: Horatio Alger Association
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount: $55,000
- Number of Awards: Several
- Eligible Countries: United States
- Subjects: ALL Subjects
- Eligible Courses: High School and Undergraduate
- Eligibility: United States Citizens can apply.
As one of the nation’s largest college financial aid programs, the Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the major scholarship programs that specifically assists high school students who have faced and overcome obstacles in their young lives. The scholarships are funded by Horatio Alger Members who, like the Scholars, have experienced challenges but ultimately overcame them to become successful business and civic leaders.
The program provides important support to students who are looking to continue their education and build a better future for themselves professionally. In addition to financial assistance, scholarship recipients also receive access to mentorship and networking opportunities, which can be invaluable as they embark on their careers. With the help of the Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program, these students can achieve their dreams and make a real difference in their communities.
- Be enrolled full-time as a high school junior in the United States
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
How to Apply
To apply for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship, students must apply online. The application requires students to provide information about their academic and extracurricular activities and a personal statement.