To support and encourage deserving students who may not have adequate funds to pursue their higher education, the University of Nebraska has established the Glenn Jurgens Memorial Scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship application is offered exclusively to students who reside in Nebraska and want to attend a School of Agriculture or, now, Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) and do not have the funds to do so. The scholarship award is valued at $1,000 or more for the tuition and school expenses. The scholarship is renewable on an attained 3.0 GPA.
User Review( votes)
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln is a public land-grant research university in Lincoln, Nebraska. The university is the flagship public research university in Nebraska. It is a member of the Big Ten Conference, ranking 136th in National Universities and 651-700 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Nebraska’s vision is to place itself at the forefront of public higher education—to excel at all our teaching, research, and engagement missions. The university will attain national and international fame while always serving the needs of all Nebraskans.
Application Deadline: September 19, 2022, for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- University or Organization: University of Nebraska
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor or Master
- Award: $1,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Nebraska alone can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a degree in an agriculture-related field offered at the UNL’s Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must apply to the NCTA in Curtis, NE.
- The applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 to renew the scholarship award.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be made via the university portal. Students interested can complete the scholarship application form and submit it along with the listed supporting documents to Jurgens Memorial Scholarship Committee c/o The NCTA Dean`s Office, Ag. Hall – Room 26, 404 E 7th Street, Curtis, NE 69025.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copies of high school and college transcript
- Personal essay
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the departmental requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must be proficient in the language of instruction used by the university, i.e., English.
The winning candidates will be awarded 1,000 (or more) for tuition and school expenses for the first academic year at NCTA by the University of Nebraska.