Applications are invited for NURSE Corps Scholarship Program available for students who are enrolled and enrolling in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs, including RN to BSN Bridge Program. Upon graduation, NURSE Corps Scholarship recipients work at these facilities for at least 2 years, earning the same competitive salary and benefits as any new hire.
The purpose of the NURSE Corps Scholarship Program is to provide scholarships to nursing students in exchange for a minimum 2-year full-time service commitment (or part-time equivalent), at an eligible health care facility with a critical shortage of nurses.
The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program is administered by the Bureau of Health Workforce(BHW). This program supports the mission of BHWand the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is to improve health and achieve health equity through access to quality services, a skilled health workforce, and innovative programs.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate program at accredited school of nursing located in the U.S.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in nursing programs, including RN to BSN Bridge Program.
List of Subjects: Accepted or enrolled in a nursing degree program at an accredited school of nursing located in the United States:
Graduate Level Nurse Practitioner, Associate Degree School of Nursing (ADN), Collegiate School of Nursing (BSN, graduate degree), Diploma School of Nursing and Nursing Bridge Program (RN to BSN, RN to MSN-NP, Direct Entry MSN-NP)
Scholarship Award: The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program provides nursing students with financial support in exchange for a commitment to serve at least two years in a qualifying NURSE Corps site. Participants receive:
- Eligible fees
- Other reasonable costs, such as books, clinical supplies/instruments and uniforms.
- Monthly stipend of ($1,334 for the 2017-2018 academic year)
Number of Awards: It is expected that approximately 225 awards will be made for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be meet in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship
- U.S. citizens (born or naturalized), nationals or lawful permanent residents
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a professional nursing degree program (baccalaureate, graduate, associate degree, or diploma) at accredited school of nursing located in the U.S.
- Begin classes no later than September 30
- Free from any Federal judgment liens
- Free from existing service commitments
- Not delinquent on a Federal debt
Nationality: Students of USA can apply for the NURSE Corps Scholarship Program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a professional nursing degree program (baccalaureate, graduate, associate degree, or diploma) at accredited school of nursing located in the U.S.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program application consists of (1) an online application, (2) required supporting documentation, and if applicable, (3) additional supporting documentation. Applicants should keep a copy of the application package for their records. Applicants are responsible for submitting a complete application. It is required that the information in the online application match the submitted supporting documentation. Application packages will be initially reviewed to determine their completeness. Application packages deemed incomplete (e.g., missing, illegible, or incomplete application materials) as of the application deadline will not be considered for funding.
The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Resume detailing volunteer and work experience (no more than five pages)
- Verifications and evaluations from school
- Acceptance Report/Verification of Good Standing*
- Authorization to Release Information*
- Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Non-Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Statement Regarding Existing Service Obligation
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 11, 2017.