The Mathematical Sciences Department of the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center is inviting applicants for the Herman Goldstine Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship for the session 2020-21. Up to two fellowships will be awarded in the mathematical and computer sciences.
The department provides an atmosphere in which basic research is combined with work on practical applications. Our permanent members, academic visitors, and post-doctoral fellows pursue research in pure and applied mathematics and in theoretical and exploratory computer science.
Wonderful offer for candidates.
User Review( votes)
The fellowship provides scientists of outstanding ability an opportunity to advance their scholarship as resident department members at the Research Center.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing a postdoctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for research in the algorithms, artificial intelligence and machine learning, numerical analysis and scientific computing, dynamical systems, inverse problems, optimization, operations research, applied probability, and statistics.
- Award: The stipend is expected to be at least $150,000
- The award can be taken at USA (New York City)
Candidates must have received a PhD degree after September 2015 or should expect to receive one before the fellowship commences in the second half of 2020 (usually in September).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Supporting Material: Upon submitting the form, applicants will receive a confirmation message via email along with instructions on supporting materials that the candidate will need to furnish. These include the following:
- Full CV.
- Abstract of your PhD dissertation.
- A 2–3-page research statement describing your current and future research.
- 3 or more letters of recommendation, including one from the thesis advisor.
- Optionally, up to three recent papers.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2020