The International Center for Journalists is now accepting applications for its Google International Journalism Fellowship. The fellowship is available for Journalists and multimedia producer.
The aim of the fellowship is to support outstanding applicants with a background in immersive and multimedia journalism.
User Review( votes)
International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is a non-profit, professional organization located in Washington, D.C., United States, that promotes journalism worldwide.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for Journalists and multimedia producer.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of immersive and multimedia journalism.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- During the Fellowship, each Fellow receives an allowance for expenses related to the Fellowship and an honorarium. Fellows also receive an allowance for health-insurance coverage in their home countries and emergency coverage if they are working outside their home country. Fellows receive two weeks of paid vacation per year.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are not given.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Experience leading media projects that demonstrate the pioneering use of the latest digital tools and multimedia gear for immersive visual journalism.
- Experience in and vision for use of interactive video, drone videography, 360/VR narratives, text-led social microcontent, other distributed or immersive visual media formats and tools.
- Ability to budget and prescribe multimedia kits and crew for various project types and scopes.
- Experience in major newsrooms in the Global South, preferably in India.
- Excellent leadership and management skills; bonus points for being influential in journalist/digital communities and networks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and manage several concurrent projects with timely deliverables.
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills to connect with newsrooms and mentor reporters.
- Experience tracking key project analytics and metrics, including story reach and engagement.
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be journalists.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Applications, CVs and resumes should be in English.
- Relevant work samples or supporting material for project proposals may be in the applicant’s native language. To become a Fellow, professional proficiency in English is required.
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted throughout the year unless otherwise specified in Fellowship openings.