The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is delighted to offer competitive PhD fellowships for the nationals of an ICGEB member state.
English language proficiency certificate (such as TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate or equivalent); not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
User Review( votes)
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology provides a scientific and educational environment of the highest standard and conducts innovative research in life sciences for the benefit of developing countries.
- Applications Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment.
- Scholarship Award:
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, New Delhi or Cape Town, comprising over 45 research programmes.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of an ICGEB Member State (Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam) are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to apply you must have (or expect to gain):
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application (i.e. date of birth after 31/03/1987). There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
English Language Requirements: Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- Please complete this application online. In addition, please upload a single pdf document containing all requested attachments