The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is pleased to offer the international fellowships for Indian biomedical scientists. Fellowships are available for scientists to conduct training/research at foreign Institute.
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is the premier national agency for the formulation, promotion and conduct of biomedical research in India. The mandate and policies of the ICMR coincide with national health policies.
Helpful offer for students.
User Review( votes)
To achieve the objective of building up of a highly skilled pool of biomedical researchers in all aspects of biomedical research including basic, applied, epidemiological and clinical sciences, the ICMR has embarked upon an international fellowship programme for capacity strengthening of scientists of the country.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for scientists to conduct training/research at foreign Institute.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in biomedical research.
- Award: Fellowships will comprise:
US$ 3000 per month, contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for young scientists
US$ 200 per day (including US$ 75 as per diem and US$ 125 is for accommodation), contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for senior scientists
- The award can be taken at Abroad
- Fellowships are available for Indian scientists to conduct training/research at foreign Institute.
- Applicants should have:
- M.D/PhD degree with at least three years teaching/research experience for young scientists and at least fifteen years for senior scientists
- Regular position in a recognized biomedical/research/health institution in India
- Below 45 years of age for young and 57 years for senior scientists
Nationality: Fellowships will be given only to residents of India.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Ten copies of the application should be submitted by post.
- Supporting Material: The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the foreign Institute where he/she proposes to work along with a concrete plan of training/research work to be undertaken during the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirement: The applicant should possess an M.D/PhD degree with at least three years teaching/research experience for young scientists and fifteen years for senior scientists in a recognized institute after obtaining the requisite qualification.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Deadline: Closed