The International Council of Ophthalmology is offering approximately 60 to 90 fellowships in ophthalmology for developing countries students. Fellowships provide young ophthalmologists with exposure to and training in several subspecialties in ophthalmology.
The ICO Three-Month Fellowships help promising young ophthalmologists from developing countries to improve their practical skills and broaden their perspectives of ophthalmology.
Amazing opportunity for candidates.
User Review( vote)
The International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) represents and serves professional associations of ophthalmologists throughout the world.
- Course Level: Fellowships provide young ophthalmologists with exposure to and training in several subspecialties in ophthalmology.
- Number of Awards: Approximately 60-90 three-month fellowships are awarded each year.
- Scholarship can be taken in Turkey, Italy, Spain, Austria, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, United States and Australia
- Residency training must be completed before applying for the fellowship.
- Specialist exam in ophthalmology must be successfully passed.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- Applicant must return to home country after the training, resume previous positions, and apply the knowledge gained during the fellowship.
- Applicant must be reasonably fluent in the language of the fellowship training centre.
- The ICO recommends that candidates pass one or more ICO exams.
- Applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will receive special consideration.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Documents Required to Apply for the ICO Three-Month Fellowship
- Scanned copy of passport
- Copy of ICO Exams Certificate(s). The ICO recommends that candidates pass one or more of the ICO Exams.
- Scanned copy of Specialist Exam Certificate, Diploma of National Board, Master of Surgery, or equivalent
- Present Chair’s Recommendation & Residency Confirmation Letter
- Previous Chair’s Recommendation
- ICO Fellowships Program Host Notice of Acceptance-Three Months
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
US$6000 (maximum) to help cover living expenses and return travel. The exact amount is subject to actual student-style living expenses in the host country.
Application Deadline: 31 March and 30 September each year.