The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) annually awards four fully funded postdoctoral fellowships. The Postdoctoral Program at IIASA offers fully funded research positions of up to two years to study topics related to the IIASA research agenda. The typical period of IIASA-funded postdoctoral support is 12–24 months.
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an international scientific institute that conducts research into the critical issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change that we face in the twenty-first century.
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research program at IIASA.
- Study Subject: Scholars are expected to conduct their own research within one of IIASA’s research programs or special projects on topics closely related to IIASA’s agenda.
- Scholarship Award:
- An allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg;
- Limited support for monthly business travel;
- A scholarship that is internationally competitive (~ 39,000 EUR p.a.). It is exempt from taxation in Austria, but subject to the principle of income aggregation;
- All appointees are eligible for either state or private health insurance.
- Number of Scholarships: Every year 4 postdoctoral fellowships will be available.
- Nationality: International applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants can apply for these fellowships. Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization: Australia, Austria, Brazil, China, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Korea, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine and USA.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Candidates should have their PhD at the time of taking up the appointment and are expected to have a proven record of research accomplishments, and a solid working knowledge of English
- Candidates should have held their PhD for less than five years at the application deadline
- The fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA (the typical period for IIASA-funded postdoctoral support is 12-24 months). Please do not apply if you need to be away from the institute to do your research or expect IIASA to fund field research overseas
- Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization
- IIASA does not do lab-type research and therefore has no labs
- English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: To apply, fill out the IIASA online application form, and submit CV and a proposal for research relevant to IIASA’s mission of providing insights and guidance on policy issues of global importance.