The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is inviting students to participate in the ICPSR Research Paper Competitions for the academic year 2023-2024.
The competition program is welcoming participation from international students and students from the USA who have applied in an undergraduate or graduate degree program offered at one of the ICPSR Member Institution. Two winners will be presented an award of $1,000 and $750, 1st and 2nd prize respectively.
This is a great opportunity for students to complete their education in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is an international consortium of more than 750 academic institutions and research organizations maintaining a data archive of more than 250,000 files of research in the social and behavioural sciences.
The research conducted at the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) focuses on the emerging challenges of digital curation and data science. The institute also provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for the social science research community and leads or takes part in many policy initiatives and grant-funded activities that result in publications that address issues related to data stewardship.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31st January 2023.
- University or Organization: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Master
- Award: $1,000
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from the US and from outside US are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can apply for an undergraduate or master’s degree program at an ICPSR Member Institution.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be undergraduate or graduate student or recent graduate.
- The applicants must have applied to an ICPSR Member Institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must submit an admission application via the application portal of their respective university. Competition application form must be submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: The candidates may be required to prepare and submit ICPSR Research Paper Competition Entry and Publication Release Form along with other varying documents such as research papers.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the chosen undergraduate or graduate at their respective universities.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT
- TOEFL PBT
The winners selected by the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) $1,000 for first place, and $750 for second place.