The ICSSR is inviting applicants for the ICSSR-NRCT Bilateral Research Scholarships for Indian Scholars in Thailand.
The purpose of such visits is to enable social scientists to collect research material, deliver lectures, participate in seminars, consult libraries and interact with social scientists.
Great opportunity for applicants.
User Review( votes)
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country. The Council aims to review the progress of social science research and give advice to its users; sponsor social science research programmes and projects and administer grants to institutions and individuals for research in social sciences.
- Applications Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: The theme of the research proposal should be based on the following themes related to India-Thailand joint interests/concerns:
- Community Development with a special reference to the grassroots level
- Economics and trade relations
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, exports and Intellectual property rights
- National and Human Security
- Nationality: Indian scholars are eligible to apply for this programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Thailand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Indian scholars are eligible to apply for this programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All applications for financial assistance have to be made on the prescribed application form for
- All application forms have to be submitted in soft copy either through email or online as the case may be, and subsequently, a hard copy of the application along with annexures and enclosure is also required to be sent, which must be duly forwarded on the prescribed format with signatures of the Head of the organization.
- Applications for visits under the Scheme are invited as per the provisions of the agreements with partner organizations in other countries. Applications under this programme, are invited through an open call in the ICSSR Website — www.icssr.org
- How to Apply: Completed application in all respect and duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution may be addressed to Incharge International Collaboration Division, Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), JNU Institutional Area, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067, so as to reach on or before 6th August 2018. Incomplete applications will not be entertained. The application with enclosures may also be sent at e-mail: adinchargeics-at-gmail.com.
- English Language Requirements: Scholars who have knowledge of the language of the host country are eligible.
- The scholars will make their own travel arrangements i.e. air ticket(s), visa, etc.
- The expenditure on air travel, visa fee, travel insurance, internal travel in India will be released on submission of the original boarding pass, receipts of airfare, travel insurance & international travel in India along with the detailed report on the work done on completion of the visit.
- After the visit is completed, the scholar is required to submit:-
(a) A detailed report on the work done on the meeting with scholars, visits to research institutes, libraries and archives, etc.
(b) If any publications either through Monographs/Book brought out from the collection of research material, consultation and interaction with experts, etc., the ICSSR’s funding should be duly acknowledged and a copy of the publication should be sent to the ICSSR.
- If a scholar fails to submit a detailed report on the work done to ICSSR, he/she will not be eligible for support under any of the Schemes of ICSSR in future.
- Applications for the second award will be entertained only after a gap of three years period.
- Financial Assistance under the Scheme is available to a scholar only twice, in his/her lifetime.