Applicants are invited for ICTP Postgraduate Diploma Scholarship in the following fields: High Energy, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics (HECAP), Condensed Matter Physics (CMP), Earth System Physics (ESP) and Mathematics (MTH). This one-year pre-PhD programme consists of two semesters of basic and advanced courses.
The aim of the scholarship is to support young qualified graduates in physics, mathematics or related fields and the limited number of scholarships (around 10 per field) are awarded to successful candidates from developing countries.
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) is an international research institute for physical and mathematical sciences that operates under a tripartite agreement between the Italian Government, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue pre-PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the following fields:
- High Energy, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics (HECAP)
- Condensed Matter Physics (CMP)
- Earth System Physics (ESP)
- Mathematics (MTH)
- Scholarship Award: A limited number of scholarships (around 10 per field) are awarded to successful candidates from developing countries (with particular emphasis on students from the least developed regions of the world) to cover travel and living expenses during their stay at ICTP.
- Nationality: Applicants from developing countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from developing countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be young qualified graduates in physics, mathematics or related fields
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- In addition to completing an online application form, candidates should upload the following as part of their application:
- Copies of transcripts of university academic records and university degrees in English (The selected candidates will be required to provide originals or certified copies of these documents as well as of their official English translation before he/she can be admitted to the Programme).
- Any certificates or documents that give proof of the student’s ability to follow advanced-level courses, study and write scientific literature in the English language.
- Two letters of recommendation, from senior scientists familiar with the applicant’s studies and work.