Applicants are invited for ICTP Postgraduate Diploma Scholarship in the following fields: Condensed Matter Physics; High Energy, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics; Earth System Physics; Mathematics. This one-year pre-PhD program consists of two semesters of basic and advanced courses.
The aim of The grant is to support young qualified graduates in physics, mathematics or related fields and the limited number of opportunities are awarded to successful candidates from developing countries.
Amazing opportunity for candidates
User Review( votes)
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) is an international research institute for physical and mathematical sciences that operates under a tripartite agreement between the Italian Government, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- Application Deadline: January 31
- Course Level: award is available to pursue the pre-PhD program.
- Study Subject: award is awarded in the following fields: Condensed Matter Physics; High Energy, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics; Earth System Physics; Mathematics
- Award: Tuition-free; 10 yearly scholarships plus travel grant for applicants from developing countries
- Nationality: Applicants from developing countries are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Number of Awards: The Number of Awards is not given.
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from developing countries are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be young qualified graduates in physics, mathematics or related fields
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- In addition to completing an online application form, candidates should upload the following as part of their application:
- Copies of transcripts of university academic records and university degrees in English (The selected candidates will be required to provide originals or certified copies of these documents as well as of their official English translation before he/she can be admitted to the Programme).
- Any certificates or documents that give proof of the student’s ability to follow advanced-level courses, study and write scientific literature in the English language.
- Two letters of recommendation, from senior scientists familiar with the applicant’s studies and work.