Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) and International Development Research Center, Canada (IDRC) offer Scholarships and Fellowships for citizens of the following Asian countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam). Scholarships and fellowships are available to visit IGIDR for a period of 12 months (extendable to a maximum of another 12 months) to undertake doctoral and postdoctoral research in any field within Economics, with a special focus on Labor Market and Industrial Policy.
The aims and objectives of the Institute are to promote and conduct research on developmental issues from a broad inter- disciplinary perspective (economic, technological, social, political and ecological).
User Review( votes)
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is a Canadian Crown corporation established in 1970 to help developing countries find solutions to their problems.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships and fellowships are available to visit IGIDR for a period of 12 months (extendable to a maximum of another 12 months) to undertake doctoral and postdoctoral research in any field within Economics, with a special focus on Labor Market and Industrial Policy.
- Study Subject: Scholarships and fellowships are awarded in the field of labor market and industrial policy.
- Award: Selected scholar will be paid a scholarship of INR 100000 per month, One round trip travel expense up to a maximum of INR 50000, fixed medical coverage of INR 25000, book grant of INR 50000, research grant of INR 100000, and conference travel support up to a maximum of INR 150000.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Asian countries
- The award can be taken in India
- Eligible Countries: award is open for citizens of the following Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam
- Entrance Requirements: The applicants, preferably within the age limit of 35 years, should be either fresh Ph.D. (within two years of successful submission of their dissertations) or junior faculty, who have submitted their Ph.D. dissertations or obtained Ph.D. degrees with an outstanding academic training and record in the broad area of Economics, and particularly, Inclusive Development with special emphasis on Labor Markets and Industrial Policy.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit the following either by email to [email protected] with the subject line `Application for Asianhub Post-Doctoral position …………………(name of the applicant)‘ or by Post (IGIDR-IDRC Asianhub Post-Doctoral program, IGIDR, Film City Road, Goregaon East, Mumbai 400065, India with subject line `Application for Asianhub Post-Doctoral position………………(name of the applicant)‘) on or before April 30, 2018:
- Complete curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, if applicable
- Synopsis of the applicant’s Ph.D. thesis. (If asked, the applicant should be prepared to send a copy of the thesis.)
- Proposed plan of Post-doctoral work at IGIDR (not exceeding 3 pages).
- One `Writing Sample’ which could be an article or a scholarly paper published/presented in academic journals/conferences or extracts from the applicant’s past academic work, if available, with evidence of applicant’s interest in labor markets and industrial policy.
- Scan of the Passport with details such as photograph, passport number, place of issue, and validity
- Two academic recommendations, including one from the applicant’s dissertation supervisor, which should comment on the applicant’s academic caliber, research potential, and English proficiency, among other things, should be sent to asianhub-at-igidr.ac.in from the recommender’s official email id with the subject line `Reference for Asianhub Post-Doctoral Applicant………………………………..(name of the applicant)‘.
- Certificate from the applicant’s university registrar/head of the department that the applicant has either submitted the Ph.D. thesis or has been awarded the Ph.D. degree.
- In case of junior faculty, applications should be routed through proper channel.