The Institute for Humane Studies is pleased to offer PhD Scholarships for brilliant students in the USA. Full-time graduate students enrolled in a PhD program during the 2021-2022 academic year are eligible for these endowments.
IHS awards the IHS PhD Positionseach year to promising students dedicated to developing, teaching, and applying the principles of a free society.
IHS is a nonprofit educational organization that engages with students and professors around the country to encourage the study and advancement of freedom.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this application program.
- The award can be taken in the USA
To be eligible to apply for the Humane Studies Fellowship, you must:
- Be enrolled full-time in a PhD program at any institution for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Have a research interest that contributes to the advancement of classical liberal scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: You have to take admission at any institution in the USA. After taking admission, you can access the online application form for the award.
- Supporting Documents: To complete the application for the Humane Studies Fellowship, you must upload the following documents:
- A recent writing sample of 3,000 words or fewer. Partial samples of longer works are acceptable.
- An official or unofficial electronic transcript from your current or most recent institution.
- If applicable, please upload your dissertation proposal.
- Each essay should be 500 words or fewer.
- Explain your research agenda as if speaking to a colleague in your field and why it is important
- How do you plan to use your Humane Studies Fellowship award?
- Explain a current or prospective paper or research project you will complete as part of this fellowship, and how it advances an understanding of classical liberal ideas.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- The Humane Studies Fellowship is a non-residency, renewable award of up to $15,000 per year to assist students enrolled or planning to enroll in full-time PhD programs.
- The Institute for Humane Studies will also offer one $30,000 fellowship this year, but this award is contingent on the needs and calibre of the applicant pool.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020