The Warwick Medical School offers two fully funded scholarships to the most outstanding applicants for 2018/19 entry. The studentships are open for Home/EU PhD applicants.
The University of Warwick is committed to being able to ensure as many academically outstanding students as possible from around the world are able to study here.
User Review( votes)
The University of Warwick is a public research university in Coventry, England. It was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand access to higher education.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded for studying any courses offered by the University.
Number of Awards: Two fully-funded opportunities are available.
Award: For 2018/19 entry there will be 2 WMS Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2018 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of Home/EU tuition fees (worth £4,195 at 2017/18 rates- this figure is likely to increase with inflation)
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates (provisional £14,800* for full time award holders in 2018/19)
- Length of funding: 3.5 years unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Due to funding restrictions this application is only open to Home/EU applicants
- Applicants for a WMS Scholarship must be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2018;
- Students currently enrolled on a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only.
- Applicants may be applying to any programme within WMS.
Nationality: Students of Home/EU can apply for this PhD scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students currently enrolled in a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants should read the ‘Guidance notes for applicants’ carefully before completing the application form.
- New applicants can apply for a WMS Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and application form. If you are eligible for this application you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this application .
- If you are in the first year of your PhD or applied before 1st August 2017 and would like to be considered for this application to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single application form.
Application Deadline: The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Friday January 19, 2018.