The International Institute for Asian Studies would like to announce the IIAS/CEM-FMSH Research Fellowship for applicants from all over the world. The fellowship is awarded in the fields of social sciences and humanities.
The aim of the fellowship is to enable applicants to embark on an independent career in academic stroke research.
The International Institute for Asian Studies is a research and exchange platform based at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
- Application Deadline: 1 March and 1 October of each year
- Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
- Study Subject: IIAS is an institute that actively promotes innovative research and seeks the interconnection between academic disciplines. In doing so, we are particularly looking for researchers focusing on the three IIAS clusters ‘Asian Cities’, ‘Asian Heritages’ and ‘Global Asia’. However, some positions will be reserved for outstanding projects in any area outside of those listed. Applications that link to more than one field are also welcome. On the application form, you will be asked to indicate to which cluster your proposed research relates, or to choose the “open category”. You are also asked to indicate how your proposed research may contribute to the general vision of IIAS and its emphasis on interconnected studies.
- Award: If IIAS decides to sponsor your research by awarding a grant, you will receive:-
A monthly grant of €2000
Office facilities and access to the Leiden University Libraries
A one-time grant of (max) €1000 towards the costs of (international) travel
The CEM-FMSH fellowship covers accommodation and a stipend of EURO 1000 per month
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands and France
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: The position of affiliated fellow is intended for outstanding researchers (also see ‘Terms and conditions’) from around the world, to work on an important aspect of Asian studies research in the social sciences and humanities. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. We also welcome researchers who would like to work on a collaborative grant proposal or develop their PhD thesis into a book publication.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have fluency in English.
How to Apply: Interested applicants are invited to email/post their applications, consisting of:
1. IIAS Fellowship Application Form (Word download)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. A minimum of two letters of reference: ensure that a minimum of two letters of reference is sent to us in confidence via email or post, commenting on your academic abilities and the value of your research project by the appropriate deadline
4. List of publications
Application Address: Address for submission of applications, reference letters and/or queries:
(1) Email: [email protected]
(2) Fellowship Programme
c/o Ms Sandra van der Horst
International Institute for Asian Studies
2311 GJ Leiden