The International Institute for Asian Studies would like to announce IIAS/CEM-FMSH Research Fellowship for the applicants from all over the world. The fellowship is awarded in the fields of social sciences and humanities.
The aim of the fellowship is to enable applicants to embark on an independent career in academic stroke research.
User Review( votes)
The International Institute for Asian Studies is a research and exchange platform based at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
- Study Subject: IIAS is an institute that actively promotes innovative research and seeks the interconnection between academic disciplines. In doing so, we are particularly looking for researchers focusing on the three IIAS clusters ‘Asian Cities’, ‘Asian Heritages’ and ‘Global Asia’. However some positions will be reserved for outstanding projects in any area outside of those listed. Applications that link to more than one field are also welcome. On the application form, you will be asked to indicate to which cluster your proposed research relates, or to choose the “open category”. You are also asked to indicate how your proposed research may contribute to the general vision of IIAS and its emphasis on interconnected studies.
- Award: If IIAS decides to sponsor your research by awarding a grant, you will receive:- A monthly grant of €2000;
– Office facilities and access to the Leiden University Libraries;
– A one-time grant of (max) €1000 towards the costs of (international) travel.
Extend your IIAS fellowship with an additional two months of research at the Collège d’études mondiales of the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (CEM-FMSH) in Paris, France
Per year, CEM-FMSH offers three fellowships of two months each, for scholars who have been awarded an IIAS fellowship and who wish to spend an additional two months in Paris to pursue their research.
The CEM-FMSH fellowship covers accommodation and a stipend of EURO 1000 per month.
Applicants who want to apply for the CEM-FMSH fellowship, which should follow immediately upon the conclusion of their stay in Leiden, should indicate so in the IIAS Fellowship Application form with a motivation as to:
- how they could profit from their stay in Paris (e.g. French archives or collections consultation, contacts with specific museum or institutions deeply linked to their research, etc.);
- the Collège chair-holder to work with in Paris;
- how they could contribute to the work of CEM-FMSH.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in Netherlands and France
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: The position of affiliated fellow is intended for outstanding researchers (also see ‘Terms and conditions’) from around the world, to work on an important aspect of Asian studies research in the social sciences and humanities. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. We also welcome researchers who would like to work on a collaborative grant proposal or develop their PhD thesis into a book publication.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have fluency in English.
How to Apply: Interested applicants are invited to email/post their applications, consisting of:
1. IIAS Fellowship Application Form (Word download)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. A minimum of two letters of reference
Please ensure that a minimum of two letters of reference is sent to us in confidence via email or post, commenting on your academic abilities and the value of your research project by the appropriate deadline
4. List of publications
IMPORTANT NOTES WHEN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION:
- If you are sending us your application via email you will receive a reply acknowledging receipt of your email/application.
- Please send us your application only once. If you have already sent in your application via email, kindly do not send the same application via post (and vice versa).
- Emails larger than 10MB are rejected by our email system. Please keep your email and attachments below 10MB by zipping any large files.
Address for submission of applications, reference letters and/or queries: