Do you want to experience student life in South Africa? Rhodes University is giving an opportunity to participate in the ILAM/RU/NAC MST and PHD Bursaries for the academic year of 2020-2021.
Excellent opportunity to study in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1904, Rhodes University is the province’s oldest university. Rhodes is a small, highly residential university. They are promoting excellence and innovation in teaching and learning by providing staff and students with access to relevant academic development programs.
Why at Rhodes University? The university will provide to provide an attractive, safe and well-equipped environment that is conducive to good scholarship and collegiality. They are promoting excellence in research and other creative endeavours.
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
University or Organization: Rhodes University
Course Level: Masters or PhD degrees
Award: R120 000 and R100 000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic students
The program can be taken in South Africa
Eligible Countries: Domestic students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in Masters or PhD degree offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: Students are eligible to apply for this study grant.
- Suitably qualified and experienced candidates may now apply for one PhD bursary as of 2020 to 2022 and one Masters Degree bursary as of 2020 until 2021.
- Candidates will focus on the historical and ethnomusicological study of the jazz heritage of the Eastern Cape.
- Candidates are expected to be based in Grahamstown for at least the first year, to participate in all activities offered at the Centre for Postgraduate Studies, and to contribute to the academic life of ILAM and Rhodes University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take advantage of this program, aspirants must have to apply for admission to this university. After taking admission applicants are automatically considered for this study award.
- Supporting Documents: For the opportunity applications, applicants need to provide academic transcripts; evidence of writing such as a thesis chapter or similar; and a proposal with a maximum of 500 words on the prescribed topic.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Benefit: In 2020, the bursary for the PhD will be R120 000 and R100 000 for the Masters degree candidate. Additional funding for fieldwork is available.