Students who are want to apply for a study in South Africa may apply MSc Scholarship which is providing by the South African Medical Research Council.
This funded education is available for South African Medical Research Council, Parow, Cape Town citizens who want to start their MSc study.
The scope of the organization’s research projects includes tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular and non-communicable diseases, gender and health, and alcohol and other drug abuse.
Application Deadline: February 12, 2020
University or Organization: South African Medical Research Council
Course Level: Masters Degree
Award: R50 000 per annum
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic students
The program can be taken in South Africa
Eligible Countries: Domestic students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in Master’s Degree offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: Students are eligible to apply for this study grant.
- Applications are invited for an NRF-Funded MSc scholarship which forms part of the project “Developing an advanced cell culture model for pancreatic beta cells”.
- The primary objective of the MSc study will be to determine the differential physiological response(s) of 2D and 3D cultured pancreatic beta cells to nutritional stimuli (i.e. glucose, long- and short-chain fatty acids, amino acids).
- Advanced 3D culture will be used to produce functional pseudo-islet clusters that mimic normal pancreatic beta-cell physiology and are able to respond to nutritional stimuli relevant to the development of diabetic pathology.
- The successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic research group within the Biomedical Research and Innovation Platform, South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) and will conduct research that is relevant in South Africa using state-of-the-art technologies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take advantage of this program, all requirements should be emailed to [email protected] before the closing date.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have a BSc (Hons) degree in Physiology, Molecular biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline, obtained within the last 2 years. Proficiency in laboratory techniques such as cell culture, gene, and protein expression analysis is required.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter indicating why you are appropriate for the award, Curriculum vitae (including references), Copy of your South African ID document, certified copies of your educational qualifications.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Benefit: The total value of The grant is R50 000 per annum.