In partnership with the British Council, Imperial College London is providing six fully-funded scholarships for female students studying an eligible programme from an eligible country.
These golden funding opportunities are designed to outstanding women candidates who wish to pursue a master’s degree in one of the given program for the academic session 2021/2022.
Excellent opportunity for international female students to get a fully-funded masters program in the UK.
User Review( vote)
Imperial College London, which focuses exclusively on science, medicine, engineering and industry, is a prominent London college. It originated in 1907 and has 15,000 students and 8,000 employees. International students coming from over 140 countries are also drawn to the college.
Why study at Imperial College London? Imperial College London is a professional network where world-class experts aim to find solutions and solve global issues to the biggest science questions. This college is ranked 9th in the 2021-2022 QS World University Rankings.
Application Deadline: March 19, 2021
- University: Imperial College London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters degree
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 6
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Female applicants from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru or Venezuela
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The following courses are eligible for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM:
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering – Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc Climate Change, Management and Finance – Imperial College Business School
- MSc Ecology, Evolution and Conservation – Department of Life Sciences
- MSc Environmental Data Science and Machine Learning – Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc Environmental Engineering – Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc Environmental Technology – Centre for Environmental Policy
- MRes Green Chemistry, Energy and the Environment – Department of Chemistry
- MSc Hydrology and Water Resources Management – Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc International Health Management – Imperial College Business School
- MSc Sustainable Energy Futures – Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc Taxonomy, Biodiversity and Evolution – Department of Life Sciences
- MSc Transport – Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be available to commence your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- You have received an offer to study for one of the eligible programmes by 12pm GMT on Friday 19 March 2021
- Have completed your undergraduate degree or have all components of an undergraduate degree to date that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at Imperial College London by the time you submit your application
- Meet the English language requirement for your programme or pass the Pre-Sessional English Programme at Imperial College London
- Demonstrate your interest in the programme that you are applying for and that you are active in your chosen field
- Demonstrate that you are willing to contribute in the future to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from Imperial College London and returning your home country
- Demonstrate in your application that you plan to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, applicants need to take admission for a postgraduate degree at the university. After taking acceptance, all admitted freshman applicants should complete the application form through the online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have all previous documents, academic transcripts and certificates to apply for this study program.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of English proficiency at the higher level required by the University.
Each scholarship covers full tuition fees, a monthly stipend for a year and a return flight. It also covers other related costs, including the IELTS exam fee, visa application, NHS surcharge and study materials. Additional funding is available if scholars have caring responsibilities.