Imperial College London is accepting applications for the fully funded PhD Scholarship program funded by a generous endowed gift from the late Professor Shawki Saad.
The funding program is open for international students ordinarily resident in Sub-Saharan Africa at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Selected students will receive the full cost of tuition fees and support with a stipend and travel costs.
Great offer to complete PhD in the UK with study funds.
User Review( votes)
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering offers study options at both Undergraduate (MEng) and Postgraduate (MSc and PhD) levels, as well as some modules for Continuing Professional Development (CPD). It is recognized nationally and internationally as one of the leading centres of research in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
Why study at the Imperial College London? ICL is ranked top in the UK for Graduate Employability. It has consistently achieved the highest possible rating in all national assessments of research. It’s a range of courses in 16 academic departments covering science, technology, engineering, medicine and business.
Application Deadline: 26 May 2023.
- University or Organization: Imperial College London
- Department: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Cost of tuition fees, a stipend and travel costs
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 4
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for PhD program – Civil Engineering Research (PhD). This scholarship is open to research projects in areas including Transport, Fluid Mechanics, Environmental and Water Resources, Structures, Systems, Materials, and Geotechnics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A Masters level degree qualification
- Scholarship awards are open to students who have not yet started their PhD studies in the Department.
How to Apply
Apply Now – Civil Engineering Research (PhD)
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must follow the given steps:
- Find a PhD supervisor. Visit the research and academic staff pages of the website to help identify topics of interest and potential supervisors.
- Contact their preferred supervisor(s) directly, to discuss potential projects and funding options.
- Applicants must submit their PhD application for admission through the Registry’s online admissions systems by the deadline.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents:
- Prepare transcripts of the study
- Two References
- English Language qualifications
- Personal statement/research plan
- Prepare an up-to-date CV-Resume
- Admission Requirements: Before starting an application, applicants must meet the minimum entry requirements. Online applications should only be submitted after a potential academic supervisor has expressed sufficient interest in your application.
- Language Requirement: Applicants for whom English is not their first language may be required to present an English language qualification, passed at the appropriate level. See the college English language requirements for postgraduate applicants for information.
The program will fully cover the cost of overseas tuition fees for 3 years, a monthly living cost stipend (£19,668 2022/23) for 3.5 years and travel costs (flight and visa) for the successful applicant.