Applications are accepting for the In-Country / In-Region program which is funded by DAAD and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
The bursaries are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Excellent opportunity for Sub-Saharan African students.
User Review( votes)
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology is one of the global excellences in Training, Research, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship for development institute. They offer accessible quality training, research, innovation and entrepreneurship in order to produce leaders in the multiple fields.
It is provided directly or indirectly or in collaboration with other institutions of higher learning, facilities for university education including agriculture, scientific, cultural, technological, and professional education, and integration of teaching, research. They also offer effective application of knowledge and skills to the life, work and welfare of citizens of Kenya.
Application Deadline: Application Closing Date at host institution: 31 January 2020, Application Closing Date at DAAD Portal (for pre-selected candidates only): 15 April 2020
University or Organization: Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, DAAD
Course Level: Master or doctoral program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Sub-Saharan African students
The award can be taken in Kenya
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African students can apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grants at JKUAT are available in the following fields: PhD in Information Technology, PhD in Mechanical Engineering at the university.
Admissible Criteria: To qualify for a scholarship, applicants must be
- Candidates must have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division) ( clearly show motivation and a strong commitment
- Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Applicants must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at
- The application must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African
- The country should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for their studies at JKUAT using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. JKUAT will screen and check the completeness of the dossier. A plagiarism scan will be done by the institution or DAAD. Additionally, once you submit your application to JKUAT, please send a short notification to DAAD that you have applied with the subject “Your Surname_First Name_JKUAT” to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must be submitted DAAD application form duly filled, Hand signed curriculum vitae, 2 recommendation letters, Letter of admission for the host university/institution/network, Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts, Letter of motivation, copy of the identity card, university degree certificates in the host country, UNHCR registration as refugee, Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor, Detailed and precise PhD proposal (10-15 pages), including detailed work and time table, Abstract of the proposal on one page, Additionally, a word format of the proposal (10-15 pages) has to be submitted to the institution for plagiarism check.
- Language Requirements: If your first language isn’t English, or if your degree qualifications weren’t undertaken in English, please provide evidence of English proficiency.
- Benefits: The scholarship covers Fees, Study and research allowance, Printing allowance, Monthly Scholarship, Travel allowance, Health Insurance.