The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India is offering India Science and Research Fellowship. This fellowship program provides the opportunity to scientists and researchers from neighbouring countries to work in contemporary research areas across all major disciplines of science and technology.
The focus is on providing an opportunity for developing country (other than India) scientists to carry out research in premier research institutions in India.
Wonderful opportunity for Indian students to get a degree in India with financial support.
User Review( votes)
The Department of Science and Technology of the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India is mandated to nurture, foster and promote scientific and technological research and development in India. DST is the major agency in the country for the promotion of basic and applied sciences through intramural and extramural research funding across disciplines and institutions.
University or Organization: Government of India
Department: The Department of Science and Technology of the Ministry of Science & Technology
Course Level: Research Study
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Indian Students
The program can be taken in India
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019.
The Applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of the Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka.
- Fellowships are available in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and Medical Sciences.
- Fellowships are awarded to pursue research for a period of 3 – 6 months.
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a university or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D./M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years of research or teaching experience
- Must be below 45 years of age (as on 31st December of the previous year of selection)
- The applicant should possess a valid passport
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Completed application by electronic copy or hard copy with the following documents should be submitted to the CICS, DST or respective implementing agency in applicant’s country. The prescribed application form for applying to ISRF Scheme can be downloaded from the CICS website, DST website.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit a brief write-up describing the proposed research work, Copy of degree certificate for the highest qualification, Reprints of two recent publications in refereed journals, Copy of valid passport showing the passport number, photograph, date of birth, date of issue, date of expiry and the residential address, a No Objection Certificate, Letter of Acceptance form, CV, Two passport size photographs.
- Admission Requirements: In order to be eligible applicants must have Ph.D./M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years of research or teaching experience.
The full fellowship covers fellowship allowance: Rs. 50,000/- per month which includes accommodation
- Contingency grant to Fellow Scientist: Rs. 10,000/- as one-time contingency grant.
- Contingency research grant for host scientist (through institution): Rs. 20,000/- as a one-time grant
- Airfare: Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute, through the shortest route. Local transport by Road/rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.