The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India is offering India Science and Research Fellowship. This fellowship programme provides the opportunity to scientists and researchers from neighbouring countries to work in contemporary research areas across all major disciplines of science and technology.
The focus is on providing opportunity for developing country (other than India) scientists to carry out research in premier research institutions in India. CICS co-ordinates the INSA-JRD Tata Fellowship, DBT-TWAS Fellowship and the JNCASR-CICS Fellowship for developing countries scientists/ researchers and Travel Fellowship scheme and KIRAN- IPR Programme for Indian Nationals.
User Review( votes)
The Department of Science and Technology of the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India is mandated to nurture, foster and promote scientific and technological research and development in India. DST is the major agency in the country for the promotion of basic and applied sciences through intramural and extramural research funding across disciplines and institutions.
Course Level: Fellowships are awarded to pursue research for a period of 3 – 6 months.
Study Subject: Fellowships are available in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical Sciences.
Number of Awards: Up to 70 fellowships (for all countries) will be awarded annually under this scheme.
Award: The full fellowship covers: fellowship allowance: Rs. 50,000/- per month which includes accommodation
- Contingency grant to Fellow Scientist: Rs. 10,000/- as one time contingency grant.
- Contingency research grant for host scientist (through institution): Rs. 20,000/- as one time grant
- Airfare: Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by Road / rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.
- Visa fee: Will be reimbursed.
The award can be taken in India
Eligibility: The Applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of the Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka.
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a university or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D /M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years research or teaching experience
- Must be below 45 years of age (as on 31st December of the previous year of selection)
- The applicant should posses a valid passport
- Must not holds any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India.
Nationality: Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of the Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible applicants must have Ph.D /M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years research or teaching experience.
How to Apply: Completed application by electronic copy or hard copy with following documents should be submitted to the CICS, DST or respective implementing agency in applicant’s country. The prescribed application form for applying to ISRF Scheme can be downloaded from the CICS website, DST website. The filled application form should be forwarded by an appropriate authority at the Home Institution with the following mandatory documents
- A brief write-up describing the proposed research work
- Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification
- Reprints of two recent publications in refereed journals
- Copy of valid passport showing the passport number, photograph, date of birth, date of issue, date of expiry and the residential address
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC) (format enclosed with the application form) from the Home Institution on Institute letter head. (format in pg. 6)
- Letter of Acceptance from the Indian host supervisor in Institute letterhead for carrying out applicant’s research work in India. Wherever necessary CICS can assist the researcher in identifying a host institution.
- Two passport size photographs
- A latest updated CV.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2018.