The UCL Institute for Global Health is thrilled to announce the African Graduate Scholarship for the academic session 2020-21. The scholarship is available for selected students who intend to pursue an MSc in Global Health and Development.
The UCL Institute for Global Health is a world-leading centre of research and teaching excellence in global health.
Wonderful opportunity for African students.
User Review( votes)
The university’s vision is to collaborate across disciplines to find solutions to global health problems. They believe there is no single solution to the world’s health problems. A cross-disciplinary approach is at the heart of our research and teaching, and we draw on the expertise of over 200 staff from across UCL.
- Course Level: Scholarship is awarded to pursue the postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is available for selected students who intend to pursue an MSc in Global Health and Development at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
- Scholarship Award: The scheme might offer scholarships towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living.
- Scholarship can be taken at the UK
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study the MSc in Global Health and Development full time
Nationality: African nationals are eligible to apply for this scholarship. (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates have to enrol in the master’s degree program at the institute and then download the application form and submit it to [email protected]
- Entrance Requirement:
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- An applicant whose qualifications vary from UCL standards may be admitted if they show evidence of an adequate academic background or work experience in an appropriate field.
- An undergraduate or ‘first’ degree in medicine, nursing, social science, development studies or an allied subject, recognized by UCL
- A minimum 2.1 level degree or equivalent GPA.
- Relevant work experience is highly desirable, preferably within a developing country setting.
- English Language Requirement:
- British Council International Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Standard level: Overall grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the subtests.
- Good level: Overall grade of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each of the subtests.
- Advanced level: Overall grade of 7.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in each of the subtests.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2020