The Free University of Brussels is delighted to announce Individual Fellowship open to all fields of research for the duration of five years. This is available for applicants of all nationalities who are pursuing in research.
Individual Fellowship at the Université Libre de Bruxelles, [email protected], is a comprehensive programme providing excellent experienced researchers the opportunity to conduct frontier research. Applicants will receive diversified training in an environment of scientific excellence and state-of-the-art facilities.
Marvelous Research Fellowship for International Students.
User Review( votes)
The Free University of Brussels abbreviated ULB, is a French-speaking private research university in Brussels, Belgium. It is one of the most important Belgian universities. A major research center open to Europe and the world, it has about 24,200 students, 33% of whom come from abroad, and an equally cosmopolitan staff.
Applications Deadline: Closed
- This is available for applicants of all nationalities.
- Eligible applicants are experienced researchers with a PhD degree and maximum 7 years of post-doctoral experience at the date of the call deadline or Without a PhD but a documented full-time equivalent research experience of minimum 4 and maximum 11 years at the date of the call deadline.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree allowing him or her to embark on a doctorate. This needs to be proven by the employment (or equivalent) contracts.
- Eligible applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work,w studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months during the last 3 years before the call deadline.
- Eligible applicants should not have already benefited from a postdoctoral study in Belgium for more than six (6) months before the call deadline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications are submitted online in the dedicated platform accessible at [email protected] website (www.if-atulb.ulb.be). Applications sent via other means (e-mail, post, etc.) will not be considered. The application file of the applicants is complete when all the following documents are submitted in .pdf format.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit a copy of the passport or identity card, The letter of acceptance from a ULB academic member confirming that the applicant, A detailed CV of a maximum of 5 pages, including a publication list, a research and training project of maximum 10 pages describing the state-of-the-art, the research questions and/or objectives, the methodology, the work plan, the training programme in an academic.
- A copy of the PhD degree or a certificate confirming that all the requirements related to the PhD programme in the home institution are fulfilled prior to the call deadline. If no PhD degree has been obtained, a career description proving at least four years of full-time research experience by the call deadline. Applicants should attach proofs (e.g. contract, employer certificate) proving their research experience.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The financial structure of the fellowship is as follows:
|Cost categories||Amount (€/month)|
|Fellow-related costs||Living allowance: 3.503,21
Mobility allowance: 400,00
Family allowance: 150,00
|Research-related costs||Travel allowance: 200,00
Research costs: 500,00
Other (training, etc.): 300,00
The living allowance is an indicative value for 2018 and is subject to minor changes of approximately +2% due to yearly indexation. It covers the amount of an untaxed free study contract that is equivalent to an employment contract. The contract is fully subject to the Provisions of the Belgian Social Security System covering health insurance, maternity leave, sick pay in case of hospitalization, disability insurance, national pension system, national unemployment system, insurance against workplace accidents, family benefits and provisions towards occupational diseases.