Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is offering scholarships for pursuing university courses and specific programs. The studentships are open for Indian students who want to study in American, European and UK institutions.
The grants provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The bursaries are of two types: university courses and specific programmes.
Nice offer for Indian students to get funding opportunity to study abroad.
User Review( votes)
Inlaks Foundation aims to look for exceptional talent among young people expressed in more than the traditional ways and to provide the most appropriate assistance for the development of such talent.
Students must take an English proficiency test before they attend a US college or university.
- Application Deadline: 31 March 2020 at 12 noon
- Course Level: The studentships are of two types: university courses and specific programs (research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution and not leading to a degree).
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in multiple subjects offered by the universities. The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However, in the case of Imperial College, London, financial aid positions will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further, we will consider Indian studies, only if they have contemporary relevance.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Indian citizens
- The award can be taken in The studentships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions.
- Eligible Countries: Indian citizens can apply for these Inlaks scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
- The studentships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application. Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India. Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, after their under-graduation. People having a postgraduate degree (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from a university outside India are not eligible; those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also ineligible.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates must be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application. Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed program will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor. The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
- English Language Requirements: International students whose native language is not English often must take an English proficiency test before they attend a US college or university.
Introduction: Application forms must be completed by the candidate and will be accepted from the 20th of January till the 31st of March. The application form is available online. The deadline for submissions is 31 March 2020 at 12 noon.
How to Apply: It must include:
- Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and full detail of the institute’s financial requirements.
- Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must submit a maximum of 10 samples of their work on a CD / DVD only, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion. This material will not be returned. The images must only be in jpeg format, not tiff format. Candidates for Film, Dance, Acting, and Music (Western classical singing) must also submit a CD / DVD. Three sets of CDs/ DVDs must be submitted. A portfolio may be submitted also if it is not too bulky.
- Evidence of any outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in any field.
- Photocopy of the first and last pages of your passport.
- Submit three recommendation letters together with your application. These letters (maximum three references) must be submitted together with the application, in sealed envelopes. At least two of your referees should be academics who have taught you in your undergraduate studies.
- A clear declaration must be made of all funding received for your course. In case the offer of funding comes in after you have submitted your application, please inform us of the same by email, at the earliest.
- In case you have applied for another course, for which you are not applying to Inlaks for funding, at the same or another institution and have an offer of funding from elsewhere, you must inform us of the same even if it is not your intention to avail of that offer.
- Do not send copies of academic certificates with the completed form.
- All sections of the applications are to be filled in.
- Please submit two copies of the application duly filled in. Note that you have to include only one set of attachments viz, offer letter, resume/cv, recommendation letters, fee statement, passport copy, outstanding achievement certificates etc.
The scholarship covers, for the period granted, tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In the case of scholarship requirement of above $100,000 (or equivalent), (tuition + living allowance), candidates must show evidence of funding, for the balance of costs, at the time of interviews in May or June.
In the case of specific programs, the financial coverage will be discussed directly with the candidate. Acceptance of other programmes, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
The sponsorship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure. The studentships are awarded in May/ June generally for commencement in subsequent September and October. Any scholarship not commenced within 9 months will be forfeited.